Internal privacy statement
Contaynor’s internal privacy statement (candidates)
This Privacy Statement describes how Contaynor BV, with registered offices at Industrielaan 65 at 1070 Anderlecht (Belgium), company number BE 0737.476.449 processes your personal data.
Personal data is information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person.
As a controller, we endeavour to process your personal data in compliance with the European Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR”).
How do we use your personal data?
In the context of the processing of your job application, we process your personal data exclusively in order to create and manage your application file.
We process, amongst others, the following personal data:
- Identification data (such as name, function, e-mail address, home address and phone number);
- Personal characteristics (such as language, age, nationality, sex and date of birth);
- Data relating to occupation and career (such as start and end dates of occupation, salaries, attendance and leaves, evaluations);
- Data relating to education and training (CVs, diplomas, certificates and training attendance certificates)
- Personal interests and hobbies (if included in the CV)
The legal basis is contractual necessity.
If this information is not (correctly) provided, this may have consequences for the continuation of your application procedure.
The retention period of your personal data is limited to 3 years after the job application or the last contact with the candidate.
Who are the recipients of your personal data?
We might share your personal data with other recipients such as:
- Processors which provide us with services (including software providers)
- Our professional advisers, such as accountants and lawyers
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
What rights to you have regarding the processing of your personal data?
According to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the rights:
- to access and receive a copy of your data;
- to rectify your data if it is inexact;
- to object to the processing for direct marketing and for reasons related to your particular situation;
- to erase (“right to be forgotten”) or restrict your data ;
- when the processing is based on consent, to retract your consent at any time;
- to data portability when the processing is based on consent or contractual obligation.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (for Belgium, it is the Belgian Data Protection Authority).
To exercise these rights, you must respect the conditions provided by the GDPR. Alternatively, to make things easier, you can contact us at the address below. In case of reasonable doubt about your identity, we reserve the right to ask for proof of identity.
Implementation of security measures
According to the applicable law, we have implemented an adequate system of protection of your personal data. These measures include technical and organisational measures required to protect your personal data against the accidental or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access to your personal data.
Nevertheless, no security system can guaranty 100% of security. You also have a role to play regarding the security of your data, which includes protecting your user account data and choosing a strong password. We remain at your disposal should you have any questions relating to the confidentiality and the safety of your personal data.
How to contact us
To exercise your data protection rights or if you have any question relating to the processing of your personal data, do not hesitate to send an email to email@example.com or to contact:
1070 Brussels, Belgium
Phone : 0472 01 71 72
You may contact our data protection officer at the address above or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we reserve the right to update this document from time to time. In this case, you will be informed of the changes by e-mail.
This document was last updated on August 2021.